Events and Press
Pathways to Regional Markets: Innovation and Integration through our ASEAN and China FTAs
Stamford Plaza, Auckland Tuesday 6 November 2012
This was an innovative and informative business event focusing on two of New Zealand’s Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) in the Asia-Pacific region: the China–New Zealand FTA; and the Agreement Establishing the ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Free Trade Area (AANZFTA). The event highligthted and discussed the potential for New Zealand businesses to take advantage of these FTAs across a range of sectors, and highlight how these FTAs can be used in a number of ways to create pathways into these regional markets.
The one-day event was held on Tuesday 6 November 2012 at the Stamford Plaza in Auckland.
The event programme included a plenary session in the morning, with keynote addresses given by senior figures in business and government from ASEAN, China and New Zealand. The afternoon features six workshops focusing on specific areas of interest under the FTAs, including:
- Selling Kiwi innovation to the world: Commercialising research & development
- Practical steps to getting to market under the FTAs (two workshops)
- Learning from New Zealand: Education as an export
- Developing regional partnerships: Attracting FDI and investing in Asia
- Beyond commodity exports: Focus on food and beverage
Presentations at the event are available below:
- Presentations - Pathways to Regional Markets: Innovation and Integration through our ASEAN and China FTAs
One of the best ways to learn about doing business in China is to hear it from the experts. There are a number of business networks in New Zealand that offer world class speakers and business experts accross a wide range of events, seminars and courses.
If your organisation has a China business related event that you would like to have featured on this section of the website, please contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade by e-mailing your contact details and outline of the event to email@example.com
- Page last updated: 07 March 2013